Having a vegetarian/vegan in the family doesn’t have to be hard. Eating more wholefoods, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds and adding a little meat on the side can actually benefit the whole family. With this I mind I’ve designed a 6 week on-line course called ‘Catering for the family Vegetarian’.
For 6 weeks, we’re going to think of our meals like a vegetarian/vegan but for the family members that can’t do without meat – it’s ok, they can still have it! You’re not going to be wasting time cooking different meals and you’re not going to be having tears and upsets at mealtimes. The family is going to come together to enjoy each other’s company as well as food made with love and no judgement.
- stock your pantry with vegetarian basics (and why)
- buy and store your produce ensuring minimal wastage (because you’ll be eating lots more of it)
- make the best use of your fridge and freezer to cater for the family and saving yourself time and money at the same time
- prepare wholefoods correctly to ensure maximum nutritional uptake
- meal plan and cater for the whole family for 3 days from a vegetarian perspective
- how to prepare a couple of simple fermented foods and the importance of gut health for a vegetarian (and the whole family)
By the end of the 6 week program, you’ll be able to help support your family vegetarian/vegan while at the same time improving the health of all family members!